New to Zoom? Start Here!
Watch this tutorial first
Then watch this one
Instructions for Zoom Newbies:
• The Zoom App – Install the free Zoom app in advance at zoom.us. Those new to Zoom, please connect 15 minutes early to get oriented.
• Laptop or Phone? – The laptop app works best, but you can also use zoom on a phone, iPad or tablet.
• Mute/Unmute – Once you're in a meeting, get friendly with your mute/unmute button. It's polite for participants to stay muted except when they're talking, otherwise background sounds can enter the conversation in a way that's unpleasant for others. The teacher/host will sometimes mute people who don't realize they're creating noise.
The good news is: your home environment does *not* need to be quiet and peaceful! Since you'll be muted by default the sounds in your home will only be audible to others except when you unmute yourself to speak - like, to introduce us to your family members, housemates and pets! They won’t disturb the class. If you want to avoid disturbing your family members, use earphones (wireless ones are best for the asana sessions).
• Gallery View vs Speaker View – Choose Gallery View to see everyone in the class. Choose Speaker View to better see the teacher talking or doing the postures. Look for these options in the the upper-right corner, or tap the screen on a smartphone to see controls.
• Interacting – When you have a question or comment feel free to unmute yourself to speak. Another way is to use the written chat feature.